Diapers from t-shirts
Do you have an abundance of t-shirts lying around? Why not turn them into diapers!
- lay your t-shirt flat
- cut off the sleeves and neckline to make a square
- If the t-shirt is a youth small to an adult medium, make two layers from the front and back of the shirt
- If the t-shirt is larger than an adult medium, use one side of the t-shirt (you should be able to make two diapers with these sizes)
- Sew or serge the edges to keep the diaper from fraying
- Use the sleeves of the t-shirt to sew cloth wipes
Diapers from burp cloths, swaddle blankets, etc.
As long as your material is soft to the touch and absorbent, you can turn your old baby items into diapers. Anything over 15 x 18 should be one layer.
Diaper Flat and Wipe Material
As long as your material is not moisture-wicking, it is acceptable to use for our diaper flats. Here are some examples of proper diaper and wipe fabric:
Here are some examples of material that are not suitable for diaper flats:
- Fleece (can be used to top any of the above material as a stay-dry liner,
Supporting our local families
We support local families to ensure a safe, nurturing, healthy environment for now and for the future.